- Our competitions are open globally to writers from any country, however we accept only the entries which are written in English.
- Multiple submissions into multiple categories are welcome. Each submission must have a valid entry fee paid. Duplicate submissions will result in the oldest version(s) being disqualified from our competition. No refunds will be made in these cases.
- Our competitions are judged internally by the announced panel of judges.
- Our competitions are entry funded. This means that all of our prize pools, running costs, publishing expenses of anthologies’ production cost are covered by the entry fees.
- All entries must be submitted following the instructions give on “How to Submit” tab.
- All payments must be made via PayPal at time of entry. We are unable to accept any other form of payment. If you do not have a valid PayPal account, you will be able to make a payment as a guest using your credit/debit card at the time of entry.
- Please read the competition terms prior to entry by using the tab of the menu above.
- Entry into our competitions counts as the confirmation that you have read, understood, and accepted all that is included in our terms.
- The closing times for our competitions are 23:59pm GMT (London, UK) time on the stipulated date. Entries will not be accepted after the deadlines.
- Prizes are judged and awarded by our panel of judges unless otherwise stipulated, and we will not enter into any discussions or disputes following our panel’s decision.
- Entries made in error cannot be changed or corrected and no refunds will be given in this case.
- Entries must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the submitted writing file attached (Word file and PDF files are accepted).
- All prize money constitutes as an income and any applicable taxes must be paid by the winner, following the legislation of the contry of his/hers residence.
- Prize money will be paid via PayPal.
- We are happy to accept prevously published or self-published work, however if you are invited to publish your piece into our anthology, please make sure that your writing piece is not currently published with anyone else, as we ask for exclusive publishing rights for 3 years, to promote your work.
- Entrants may only enter work to which they have full copyright.
- We ask writers to respect the stipulated word count/line limit for each entry:
Novel: 3,000 words submitted (+/- 15% for the natural flow). The complete novel should not exceed 70,000 words.
Short Story: 3,000 words submitted, with completed story not exceeding 5,000 words.
Poetry: max of 50 lines.
- We reserve the right to exclude work which exceeds the limits by more than 15% from placing it in the longlist.
- In our Novel Competition (Novel Prize) and Memoir Competition (Memoir Prize), entrants are asked to submit an opening chapter, however if chapter does not reach the 3000 word limit are asked to submit the remaining wordcount in subsequent chapters.
- To our Novel Competition (Novel Prize), entrants are asked to submit manuscripts in any genre, aimed at YA audiences and older. We do not accept children press.
- In our Novel Competition (Novel Prize), entrants are asked to submit a synopsis preceding their work in the same document as their submission.
- Entries should be submitted in Times New Roman, size 12, 1.5/2.0 spacing.
- If uploading a PDF, entrants must submit their work in a single file not exceeding 3MB in size.
- Entries are stored securely in our database. None winners’ entries will be deleted from our database within 14 calendar days from the date of announcing the winners. The participants agreeing to publications in our anthologies: Their entries will remain and stored for 3 years since the first publication date.